MY LATEST CREATION……
2 x Packets of TimTam Original
1 Cup All-Purpose Flour (extra for dusting)
2 Tbsp Sugar
1 Tsp Cocoa Powder
1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/2 Tsp Salt
3 Tbsp Sunflower Oil
1/2 Cup Clear Apple Juice
1 Tsp White Vinegar
1 Egg White
1 Litre Sunflower Oil (for frying)
Icing Sugar for Dusting
750g Ricotta Cheese
50g Icing Sugar
Chocolate Cream Filling of 2 x TimTam packets
1 Tsp Lemon Zest
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- Separate the chocolate cream fillings of the TimTam biscuits (2 x packets) and in a bowl and set aside. Pulverize the TimTam biscuits using a food processor.
- Mix together 1 cup of the TimTam biscuit crumble with 1 cup of flour, in a bowl. Add sugar, salt, cocoa powder and cinnamon. Mix together.
- Add the vinegar, oil, apple juice to the mixture. Mix together well, until it resembles a dough. Flour your bench top and knead the dough. Cover the dough with clingfilm and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Flour your bench top again and roll the refrigerated dough out to a thickness of 2mm (either by rolling pin or using a pasta machine).
- Using a form or a large glass or bowl, start to cut the dough into 4 to 5 inch sized individual circles. Dust the individual circles with a light coating of flour.
- Roll the individual circles around the cannoli tubes, sealing the edge with a little bit of egg white. Set the cannoli shells aside for a few minutes before frying, so the seal can set.
- Fry the cannoli shells for 2 or 3 minutes at 190 degrees celsius.
- To make the cannoli filling, mix the ricotta cheese, icing sugar, lemon zest, cinnamon and vanilla essence together. Add the chocolate cream fillings of the TimTam biscuits.
- Place the cannoli filling into a pastry bag and using a plain or fluted nozzle, start to the fill the cannoli shells from the centre to the ends. Sprinkle some of the crumbled TimTam biscuits on the ends of the cannoli. Dust with icing sugar.